|The Accountant is responsible for preparing P&L and Balance Sheet and ensuring the accuracy of all accounting entries as well as other related duties.
- Performing monthly balance sheet account analysis in a timely and accurate manner (bank reconciliations, account receivables, account payable, credit card transactions, Etc.)
- Preparing and reviewing the financial statements which includes the monthly preparation of month-end accruals and preparing any adjusting entries as needed
- Supporting Operations by producing accurate P&L’s, following up on their requests and needs in a timely manner.
- Researching cash and credit card discrepancies and promptly escalating material variances to Operations
- Depositing incoming checks into proper accounts in a timely manner
- Performing sales exception reporting and associated follow up and documentation
- Completing internal and external audit requests. Processing monthly payroll and tax payments and process quarterly filing.
The ideal candidate will :
- Must have QuickBooks and Excel experience
- Be knowledgeable of and have the ability to draw upon computer skills
- Have strong problem-solving skills in analyzing raw data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations
- Possess a B.A./B.S. in Accounting, Finance or a related field; or an equivalent in education and experience
- Have excellent analytical, quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills
- Have a minimum of Five (5) years related work experience, with general ledger, P&L review, and compilation experience
- Detail oriented, organized, willingness to do whatever needs to be done in a team environment
- Possess the ability to effectively manage priorities, projects, and people in a fast-paced environment