Do you enjoy building products that excite your customers? Do you love to code and excel at solving complex problems? Do you strive for a high level of quality in the software that you develop? Do you take joy in learning and working with the latest technologies? Do you dream of an environment where individuals contribute to the success of each other? If your answer is yes, then this is your opportunity!
BookingPal, a leader in Travel Technology is seeking a confident and capable hands-on Software Architect in our Irvine, CA office to help work on our new Travel Technology Platform.
- Architect and develop a highly reliable, scalable, and secure software platform
- Provide technical leadership and architectural oversight to the engineering team throughout the development of the software platform in a complex and distributed environment
- Develop and maintain architectural and coding standards to ensure quality, security, performance, extensibility of the software developed by the engineering team
- Work closely with the product management team to develop both functional and non-functional product features requirements and product roadmaps
- Successfully troubleshoot, research, and work through complex problems
- Identify, resolve and communicate technical issues to all stakeholder
- Evaluate new technologies, platforms, and tools to address the needs of the on-going innovation and development of the software platform
Basic Skills and Experience
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to work in a distributed cross-functional team environment
- Product-oriented and customer-driven focus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven track record working through the entire SDLC
- Comfortable working in agile lean startup environments
- Comfortable leading and mentoring other software engineers
- Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Compelling communication and presentation skills
Technical Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years of architecting and developing Java enterprise web applications, with focus on scalability, performance, and security
- Minimum of 3 years of experience building high availability, high volume, distributed, scalable, multi-tier, transactional server applications
- Solid object-oriented design and programming skills with a demonstrated background in successfully creating practical and supportable architectures and products
- In-depth knowledge of software design concepts and patterns: MVC, GoF design patterns, dependency injection, streaming, etc…
- Strong knowledge of transactional server technologies, including transactions, persistence, fail-over, and data security services
- Strong experience with frameworks such as: Spring, Kafka, MyBatis
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services
- Knowledge of web servers such as Apache HTTPD, IIS
- Knowledge of Java application servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Experience with relational databases such as: MySql, MSSQL
- Proficient use of SQL
- Experience using Maven, GIT, Eclipse, Jenkins, etc…
- Experience with AWS, Windows, Linux
- Minimum education qualification: BSc. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Location: Irvine, CA
- Position: Full-time
At Bookingpal, we are committed to building a long and enduring relationship with our employees and to create an environment that rewards and empowers. Our mission is to constantly exceed our employees’ expectations in the same way that we strive to exceed our clients’ expectations.
We Offer a Competitive Compensation and an Excellent Benefits Program Including Medical, Dental, Life, Paid Time-Off and Holidays.
BookingPal, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For immediate consideration, please submit a brief introductory note along with your resume and contact information
Job Type: Full-time